I used the Memphis distribution which I got from the qmail.org sit a link
called RPM (it's on moni something)

My current status is:
Deliveries work great.
Virtual Domains, and hosting works great.
POP3 authentication (checking mail from the outside world) fails
SAMBA is broken (I think due to the fact that the Memphis distribution
installs it's own TCP handling)

There have been a lot of helpful suggestions since Sunday as to what might
be wrong with POP3. My guess is that I need to change the qmail-pop3d.init
scripts in the rc#.d files to S...blah rather than K...blah so the sequence
is correct (this is one of the suggestions)

Since Sunday night I haven't been able to get to my Linux machine long
enough to try these suggestions. I'll keep the list appraised of what pans
out.

Alex