On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 05:31:56PM -0400, Alex Miller wrote:
> I never said I didn't understand linux.

You don't.  Or any other unix for that matter.

> I said I don't know what Adam's "basic networking daemons" knowledge of
> which are required to install qmail.

You appear to like putting words in people's mouths.  Even though I know
every other person on this list knew what I meant when I said that, I'll
clarify, just for you:

Knowledge of the basic networking daemons of any UNIX is required to be a
competent system administrator on that platform.

These include, but are not limited to:

inetd/xinetd/tcpd and anything running under them
sunrpc (nfsd, statd, lockd, etc.)
portmap
tcpserver
named

> Adam's famous "basic networking daemons" that you must understand to install
> qmail (or something like that, I'll be sure to quote Adam verbatim so
> everyone will give him proper credit)

GFY

--Adam