Alex Miller wrote:> read your linux manual to learn how to use your

> What exactly is a "Linux Manual", do I type "man linux" at the keyboard.
> Do I throw away my two books titled "how to set up a Linux Internet Server"
> or "Linux System Administration", in favor of one called "Linux Manual"
>
> Or should I throw away the stuff I read on the internet that convinced
> me that I should go with QMail rather than Sendmail like:
>
> "QMail is modular and built with security in mind."
> "QMail is faster than sendmail"
> "QMail handles virtualhosts easily"
> "EZMLM is built on top of QMail"
>
> So, what Linux Manual are you refering to?

Please give me a break. Thats nit picking. You know darn well what was meant by
linux manual. I guess we need to put everything in the most simple terms for
those that are apparently challenged or are just ignorant? You need to lighten
up, take a break, and relax. Your taking this all way to serously.

What I said, and what was implied is that you are running two packages (linux
as the os, qmail for mail). You need to understand both packages, but more
importantly you need to understand the OS itself before you can add packages
like qmail. That linux comes with sendmail means nothing. The facts showing
qmails track record, and those items you read on the internet are valid and
still stand. They have no impact whatsoever on the fact that they mean
*nothing* if you dont understand the system you are trying to install them on.
A poorly setup or improperly setup qmail is as much a nightmare as any sendmail
rpm out of the box. You can not blame the fact that one os is different from
another on a lack of docs from the package your trying to install on that os.

If you still are unable to find any linux docs, here are a few sites. It took
me all of a minute or 2 to get these. I'm sure any Sys admin with a clue could
have found this information just as quickly. Here is your manual. Do with it
what you will.

http://www.troutman.org/linux/
http://www.linux.org/help/index.html
http://www.linux.org/help/ldp.html