From: Mate Wierdl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 1999 8:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Howto

   I believe the point was that you read your car manual to see where the
power
   connects are for the stereo your also reading a manual for to install.
Or, in
   other words, read your linux manual to learn how to use your inetd
correctly
   while you read the qmail manual as you install it.

You guys make this issue way too academic.  Instead of lecturing Alex
what he was supposed to do, it would have been better to read his
startup command he put in inetd.conf: he was trying to run tcpserver
from it.

The qmail-smtpd startup command in INSTALL works perfectly well with
RH Linux---or any other Linux I have seen.  Do not forget, that
command is used by D Summer's rpm...

Mate