Thank you Russell.  I applied the patch and I already see things running
much faster.  I see my concurrentremote is filling up too!  It's going up
to about 20/75 instead of staying around 3 or 4.

I will also do what you suggest on the split and see how that goes.

Thanks again!
-jeremy

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>  >
>  > Wow.  Looks like I do :-)  Can you explain what it does?
>
> It modifies various programs to use hashed todo and intd directories.
> This allows you to inject mail faster than qmail-send can deal with
> it.  Otherwise, you end up with really big directories with more than
> 1,000 files.  Once that happens, the kernel spends more and more time
> locked reading/writing those directories.  Also, if you're injecting
> 100,000 messages all at once, make your conf-split bigger -- more like
> 231 than the default 23.
>
> --
> -russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
> Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Government schools are so
> 521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | bad that any rank amateur
> Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | can outdo them. Homeschool!

http://www.xxedgexx.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Y2K.  We're all gonna die.