Tim Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 6 August 1999 at 16:36:48 -0400
 > Makes me amazed at the machines that people have to run mail anymore.
 > My company mail server is a p75, 32M, 2G IDE
 > I have only 30 users but alot of throughput, never had any problems with
 > queuing or ever had to reboot for any reason other than a kernel update.
 > Maybe I should run some benchmarks just to show how great qmail is on a
 > piece of dirt machine.

I'd be interested in seeing that sort of statistics too -- closer to
my real world, for one thing :-) .

Note that the person whose configuration you were marveling at is
looking to move 10 MILLION customized individual email messages a day.
His configuration is much bigger than I use for moving mail -- but
he's aiming at moving several orders of magnitude more mail than I
move, too, so that seems fair.

(And gee it's smart to build a test configuration and do some
benchmarking before committing to something that seems likely to push
the limits of hardware / software technology!)
--
David Dyer-Bennet         ***NOTE ADDRESS CHANGES***          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ (photos) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon