On Sat, Aug 07, 1999, Cris Daniluk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Concurrencyremote was set to the default 20.
> Once we finished that test, I increaeed it to 255. Then, each server
> started receiving ~30 messages per second. That mean qmail is sending 150
> messages per second. Memory usage is pretty high (255 qmails after all)
> but processor usage is almot negligible (with logging OFF).

Be careful calculating the memory usage. On my Linux mail exploder, a
qmail-remote process looks like this:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
17156 qmailr     1   0   408  408   332 S       0  0.1  0.0   0:00 qmail-remote

Only 76k per qmail-remote process was unique. With a concurrencyremote
set to 1000, that's a maximum of 76MB total. This is nothing.

This mail server does close to 1 Million messages a day barely breaking
a .1 load average. Talk about light weight!

BTW - The 1000 concurrent delivery limit is not to keep up with all of the
deliveries, but rather to keep the latency of our 10,000+ subscriber
lists down.

JE