I have a machine which is basically sitting around (load of around 0.15)
attempting deliveries on messages that it's been having problems with (about
730 in the queue) but when I submit new messages to qmail they end up
unprocessed for a long time - I have 29 sitting in the unprocessed area right
now.  If I stop and then start qmail it processes all 29 of those messages
and it will eventually get around to doing it anyway, but is there a way to
force it to do it quicker?  It's ridiculous to wait 30 minutes for it to
process a message that it should be able to send out in 5 seconds.

I would provide statistics and things but I don't know what would be useful.

--
  Matthew Harrell                          Programmer - a red-eyed mumbling
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       mammal capable of conversing with