Matthew Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>: # ls -l /var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger
>: prw--w--w-    1 qmails   qmail          0 Oct 15 13:43 /var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger
>
>: -Dave
>
>What am I checking it for?  Mine looks like
>
>prw-------   1 qmails   qmail           0 Oct  6 20:39 /usr/qmail/queue/lock/trigger
>
>I'll change it to 644

Well, the "p" has to be there, the owner and group have to be the
same, and, as you've guessed, the mode needs to be 644.

>but it does send out mail, it just prefers to do it in
>large chunks.

Right. qmail-queue and qmail-send use trigger cooperatively. When
qmail-queue queues a message, it writes to trigger. When qmail-send
can read something from trigger, it knows there are new messages in
teh queue. Even if nothing shows up in trigger, qmail-send scans the
queue every 30 minutes looking for new messages.

See also:

    http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#trigger

-Dave