Stan Horwitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Specifically, I want to set the concurrencyremote level
>down to a value of 5 for one specific system (because its being overloaded
>with mail processing) and while allowing concurrencyremote to be set to a
>value of 50 for all other systems that might receive mail from this
>particular qmail server. Is this possible? If so, how?

"Everything is possible with qmail."

But "possible" is not always "easy", and this is one case where it's
not.

DJB's philosophy in this case is that a receiving system shouldn't
accept more SMTP connections than it can handle. It makes sense. Each
system has different capabilities, and either the receiver limits what
it accepts, or *every* *possible* sender has to maintain a database of
*every* *possible* recipient's capabilities: clearly impossible and
not a good idea.

However, should you chose to attempt a band-aid for a key remote site,
the approach would be to install a second qmail with a lower
concurrencyremote and redirect messages for the swamped site from the
primary qmail to the secondary.

-Dave