>> However, should you chose to attempt a band-aid for a key remote site,
>> the approach would be to install a second qmail with a lower
>> concurrencyremote and redirect messages for the swamped site from the
>> primary qmail to the secondary.
>
>Or use serialmail.  This limits the concurrency to one and you'll have
>to trigger serialmail from time to time, but it is easier I think to
>install serialmail for a few band-aided sites than to have qmail
>installations multiplying.

Actually, you can run multiple instances of serialmail out of the same
maildir, so if you want up to four deliveries, do something like this
in your trigger script

if [ there are messages to send ]
then
        for i in 1 2 3 4
        do
                maildirsmtp blah blag ... &
        done
        wait    # for all those serialmails to be done
fi

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,