On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, James Smallacombe wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Peter Samuel wrote:

> > > It's called tic-tac-toe. But the above story I've heard several times but
> > > I have NOT seen any evidence trace of it but a small passus repeating the
> > > fact that "... programming a tic-tac-toe game in sendmail.cf ...".
> >
> > <flippant>
> > That's not the question he asked. He wanted to know what the game is
> > called in _English_. It's called "Noughts and Crosses". In _American_
> > it's called "tic-tac-toe" :)
> > </flippant>
>
> Ok, but what's it called in Australian?   :-P

Given that the English have so many dialects, the Canadians and
Americans have destroyed the language (spelling and pronunciation), and
the New Zealanders have emasculated the short vowels, the Australians
are the last true _English_ speakers left :)

If there are any English speaking nations I haven't insulted with that
last paragraph, let me know and I'll have something inflammatory ready
to roll forthwith :)

> > I used to have a sendmail.cf that turned sendmail into a slow
> > mathematical calculator. I'll see if I can hunt it down (I'll also
> > have to find a sendmail system to test it - not many around here
> > any more :)
>
> You should see if there's a way to convert it to work with qmail control
> files.  Then we could have a fast mathematical calculator...

My brain hurts :)

Regards
Peter
Peter Samuel                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Consultant                        or at present:
eServ. Pty Ltd                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +61 2 9206 3410                      Fax: +61 2 9281 1301

"If you kill all your unhappy customers, you'll only have happy ones left"