On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, dd wrote:

> > I have just setup qmail for my ISP server, I have got my DNS and MX
> > everything setup properly. But most of my clients are getting bounced
> > message when they send to other addresses around the world.
> >
> > This is the content of the bounced message,
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Connected to 206.31.56.7 but sender was rejected.
> > Remote host said: 501 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Sender domain must exist
>
> had a similar prob. our machine kept saying that the domain name was not
> in the rcpthosts file when users tried to send mails to a host other than
> the local one. i read the documentation and accordingly removed
> the rcpthosts file. that was it...
> sorry if i misunderstood you and sent a crap answer here...
>
> dd

NO!!!!!  You have just turned your mail server into an open relay!!!!
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER remove rcpthosts.  Please read LWQ, especially the
part on selective relaying.

Timothy L. Mayo                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Administrator
localconnect(sm)
http://www.localconnect.net/

The National Business Network Inc.      http://www.nb.net/