Stan Horwitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>When I type qmail-qstat and get a result that says something like:
>
>messages in queue: 5
>messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 2
>
>I what exactly has happened to the three (5-2) messages that have been
>processed?

There are 5 messages in the queue: three have been preprocessed, two
haven't. See INTERNALS in the build directory for further information
on the meaning of "preprocessing".

>When I type qmail-qread and see something like these hypothetical results:
>
>  done  remote  addr0
>  done  remote  addr1
>  done  remote  addr2
>        remote  addr3
>        remote  addr4
>
>Are the last two messages those that have not yet been processed?

No, they're queued, preprocessed messages that haven't been delivered
yet.

>How about the first three "done" messages?

They're successful deliveries od queued, preprocessed messages.

>How long will they be reported in the output of the "qmail-qread"
>command

Until all recipients of the message(s) have been delivered or
bounced. E.g., as long as the message is still in the queue.

>and are those messages really done being sent to their intended
>recipients?

No, they're only complete for the recipients marked "done".

-Dave