Doesn't a journeling FS incure speed penalities due to the fact that all
disk activity is logged?

>From what I figured out mirrored disks(RAID 1) are pretty quick and are
100% fault tolerant (there is always a spare and it's always up to date.)

I'm gonna start with mirroring (2 9.1 GB quantum ATLAS IV's and an ADAPTEC
2490 UW SCSI-2 controller.  Mainly for a centrailized databased using
linux's raid tools for software raid.

Paul Farber
Farber Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]