We are running into problems with a deployment of Netscape Directory and
Messaging on HP-UX and are looking at alternatives.

Can QMail handle this scenario?

2000+ users for the domain mycompany.com

500 of those users will need their mail stored on 2 qmail servers at branch
sites (250 users per)
1500 of the users will be on a very buff HP 9000
All 2000 users must have the same domain name mycompany.com
([EMAIL PROTECTED] might be on the corporate HQ server while
[EMAIL PROTECTED] might be on a branch site server.  Branch sites and HQ
tied together using leased T1's and form a WAN (non-internet addresses)

All mail will be stored in IMAP format on those 3 servers.  LDAP
authentication with no local accounts on mail servers.  Verification of user
before sending mail (authenticated smtp?).  Works with Netscape 4.5+ client.
(I've heard Outlook Express works badly with IMAP servers other than
Microsoft's, is this true?)

Has anyone deployed and kind of Netscape/Outlook Express + Qmail-IMAP +
Qmail-LDAP setup with success?  How well do these play together?

Any information would be helpful.  We already use QMail for a relay and have
fairly good c and Unix expertise inhouse.

Thanks,
Fox
[EMAIL PROTECTED]