On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 07:23:28PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 07:04:38PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > tcpserver -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 31 -g 30 o smtp /var/qmail/bin/tcp-domcheck -x
>/etc/dom.smtp.cdb /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
> >
> > where tcp-domcheck is a small tool that does the domain checking as you
> > describe. Perhaps a bit easier than patching it in.
>
> While more modular, I think that it should be integrated in tcpserver, as
> this already does forward and reverse name lookups. With the volumes of mail
> we transfer, I don't want to involve yet another process.

The results of those lookups are saved in env.vars, so that other process
takes hardly any time to run.

> > Hmm then we have 2 dutch ISPs actively coding qmail stuff :) (we're the other
> > one :)
>
> Our (public) coding efforts have so far mostly been directed to OpenLDAP.

I'm working hard on a checkpassword replacement to do multi-domain stuff -
one UID per domain for all popboxes (and also FTP and shell on that UID, for
website maintenance), instead of one UID per popbox (our current sendmail
setup).

> qmail is almost perfect as it is :-)

That's true, I applied just the bigdns patch, and I had the todo patch for
a while but I removed it in the investigation of a performance problem. The
todo patch had nothing to do with it, but I never put it back in.

I did hack qmail-smtpd a little bit to call an external program for the ETRN
command. Still need to code that external program tho :)

I also made qmail-send a little more verbose, to report if an 'out of
filehandles' error was due to the processlimit or the systemwide limit.

Greetz, Peter.
--
Peter van Dijk - student/sysadmin/ircoper/womanizer/pretending coder