I am writing to you all looking for some answers for a future project.. Is
it possible to do a cluster of qmail servers using DNS and NFS?

This is what I am planning to do:

DNS:
====

Add serveral MX records in the DNS

Add a few mashines with different IP but the same hostname in the DNS
(So the DNS will switch between the servers).

The computers:
==============

mail00: The master server, using raid 5, have allot of diskspace,
memory etc..

mail01-xx: Slave servers. Same software configuration except that the
/home/vpopmail and /var/qmail/ is NFS mounted from mail00. Running on
a cheaper computer (no raid).

I am running:

qmail 1.03
ezmlm 0.53
vpopmail 3.4.10
sqwebmail 0.26
qmailadmin 0.25

Services provided: SMTP/POP3/IMAP(?)/WebBased mail

Can you see any problems with this setup? What should I think about?

Please advice

/Michael Boman

--
W I Z O F F I C E . C O M  -  Your Online Wizard
16 Tannery Lane, Cristal Time Building, #06-00, Singapore 347778