I was looking at something similar yesterday. A vhosting setup where
each domain put it's web files under a users directory and wanted to put
thier vpopmail email under that users directory too.

>From the vpopmail code I thought of a way to handle it. Currenly it
assumes the ~vpopmail/domains directory. But if instead
it parsed that information from the /var/qmail/users/assign file.
And change the vadddomain program to allow setting which uid/gid and
directory to use for the domain directory.

Ken Jones
www.inter7.com