Do your logs show that you are sending it twice?

Note that duplicates are always possible with SMTP and there is nothing
you can do about it. One scenario is simply that the other end sends back
a 250 OK which your end never sees. What does your end do? Resend as it must.

Ultimately only the receiver knows if it has a duplicate. What if a person is
subscribed with multiple addresses? What if a subscriber address is an exploder?

Regards.