At 09:47 AM 1/24/00 -0800, Mark Delany wrote:
>Do your logs show that you are sending it twice?
>
>Note that duplicates are always possible with SMTP and there is nothing
>you can do about it. One scenario is simply that the other end sends back
>a 250 OK which your end never sees. What does your end do? Resend as it must.
>
>Ultimately only the receiver knows if it has a duplicate. What if a person is
>subscribed with multiple addresses? What if a subscriber address is an
>exploder?

The logs do sometimes have an error that the connection died, and I guess
it is impossible to determine if the message was delivered or not.

The think is, our subscribers (to BRIEFME.COM) don't care if the reason for
the duplicates is their provider not having implemented a de-duping system,
they blame us.

Anyone who can help us solve this one is a real hero (and will be treated
to a really nice dinner when they are in NYC).

Kevin Lee
TeamINTERACT
352 7th Ave 3rd Floor     212-402-7767 NYC Fax:212-402-7768
New York, NY 10001              http://www.teaminteract.com