On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Scott Schappell wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I am using qmail with FreeBSD 3.3, and when my users telnet in, ssh in or
> login from a terminal, it does not tell them they have new mail, when they
> do (in the case of ssh, it says "no mail" regardless).  I am using
> /home/<user>/Mailbox for delivery.  For telnet, I'm using telnetd via inetd,
> and sshd2 for ssh connections. I RTFAQ, and didn't see anything that
> specifically addressed that issue. What do I need to change?

It's shell specific.  In tcsh I added

set mail = (~$USER/Mailbox)

to my .cshrc and get notifications all the time.  You may need to set
the MAIL env variable to ~/Mailbox in your case.  It all depends on
what shell you use.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.pop4.net
   128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup: $17.95/mo or less at Pop4