Matthew Harrell writes:
 > : echo 'foo.bar:foo.bar' >>/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
 > : echo 'joe' > ~alias/.qmail-foo:bar-joe
 > : echo 'fred' > ~alias/.qmail-foo:bar-fred
 > : echo 'john' > ~alias/.qmail-foo:bar-default
 >
 > : did you really mean to create an infinite loop, where [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > : gets forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED]?  I assume that you mean john@`cat
 > : /var/qmail/control/defaulthost`.
 >
 > Thanks.  I guess this should have occurred to me but I was a little worn out
 > last night.
 >
 > That's a strange format for the .qmail file names - where is that formatted?

Do you mean documented?  I think you might be slightly lysdexic.  I
have it too, you see.  Sometimes the meaning in words I read or write
spills over between word boundaries.  I can usually catch it by
re-reading what I wrote.  Of course, if you're reading Harry Potter or
Narnia or Swallows and Amazons or All Creatures Great and Small out
loud to the family, it's too late, and they laugh at you.  :)

It's documented in qmail-local.8.  A dot gets changed into a colon
when qmail-local searches for .qmail filename matching the extension.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country