Quoting Duncan Watson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 11:50:52AM -0700, Anthony White wrote:
> > There is no record pointing to the domain itself.  It points
> > to 'mail.movielink.net.au'

> >From my point of view the bouncing programs are broken.  Having no address
> record for a domain but having MX records as you do is 100% valid.  I have

Yes this is true, however his DNS setup is indeed broken.  Trying to
get an A record for movielink.net.au returns SERVFAIL, not merely
NXDOMAIN (no such domain).

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> movielink.net.au a
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 4
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      movielink.net.au, type = A, class = IN

Even our qmail server (with UCE patches) would reject his mail.
It's arguable...

Aaron

--
Aaron L. Meehan         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System Administrator    Central Oregon Internet