On 24 Apr 2000, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> First, a minor point.  I don't think that changing queuelifetime is
> good enough.  It affects all messages globally.  It doesn't let me say
> ``I need to know about this message, but not about this other
> message.''  It doesn't tell me ``it's been a hour to deliver this
> message--I'm still trying, but you might want to think about fixing
> something.''

There's a link from the qmail website to Brian Wightman's delayed-mail
notifier, which serves this purpose quite faithfully (runs on cron,
scans the queue and sends a message to the sender letting them know about
the delay) and seems to be the piece of software several folks are looking
for.

Unfortunately, that link appears to be broken.  Brian Wightman, please
pick up the nearest courtesy phone.

I have a copy from Feb 99; it's the one we've been using in production for
some time now and it's never let us down.  9K download:

http://www.summersault.com/chris/techno/qmail/qmail_bounce-0.0alpha6.tar.gz

Note that it's an alpha release, and that I didn't write it, and that I
won't support it, and that I probably won't answer questions about it, and
that I don't want to be the primary download site for it.

I hope this helps.

Chris

----- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ----------
-------- http://www.summersault.com/chris/ --