On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:02:06 -0500 (EST), Chris Hardie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Chris> we do web development for an organization that has a PR firm
Chris> develop brochures and then send them to us for posting on their
Chris> website.  The files are often 7-10 MB in size, large enough to
Chris> be cumbersome for e-mail, small enough to make overnighting a
Chris> ZIP disk seem a little excessive.
[...]

Chris> I'd be interested to hear if anyone's found a good general
Chris> solution to this in a production/business environment.

There are a number of sites out there which allow WAN-based file
sharing.

At the risk of getting flamed...

I worked on one which is targetted at exactly this problem.  The
"sender" uploads the file via WWW, selects who he wants to "send" it
to, they get an email notification and download the file via the URL
provided in the mail.  It ain't rocket-science and folks have found it
easy to use.  It's totally free, there's currently no advertising, and
only the sender has to get an account to upload.  Currently user space
is 50MB and files expire after 7 days.  See:

http://www.WhaleMail.com/