>I agree with you in general, Russ.  The only benefit I can see to
>comp.mail.qmail is that there is also a comp.mail.sendmail.

I suppose it might work with a two-way gateway between the newsgroup and
this list, and registration to post as it is now.  I've been doing that
for [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a while and it works
reasonably well.

But I do agree that other than the moderately greater visibility on
usenet, there's not much benefit to be gained.  In years past, the
volume of traffic on a usenet group would swamp any plausible mail
server.  Now, with almost free computrons and fast mail software like
qmail, that's much less of an issue.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,