Petr Novotny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> "It eats up space in process table."

> As in "sendmail is superior to qmail because it doesn't eat up space in
> process table". (Overheard this just an hour ago...)

I've encountered this some too; it's an interesting psychological effect
that I think slows the adoption of qmail a bit.  Because qmail is so
modular and actually exposes its internal interfaces to the degree of
having separate binaries running, people think that it's considerably more
complicated than sendmail (I keep hearing this).  This is, of course,
really not true; sendmail does way more inside that big monolithic black
box.  But because it hides all the complexity, it scores some marketing
points.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>