You've just missed a point of Qmail though.  If a major point of Qmail's existence is
to provide reliable E-mail delivery, then this _must_ include cooperating with other
MTAs (without violating standards) at least enough to keep from crashing / giving
them headaches so that we don't 'encourage' them to lose mail ... (through failures
of their own).

If we're the 'intelligent' ones and the secure ones, we should probably be working
around their failures where we can, to keep _mail_ secure, not just mail on Qmail
servers.