Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 23 July 2000 at 21:43:27 -0400
 > On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 07:36:55PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
 > >  > By using the word "competing", you're implying that admins have a choice of
 > >  > running one or the other, but not both.  This isn't the case.  Admins can run
 > >  > any combination of RSS, RBL, ORBS and DUL (not to mention several other
 > >  > similar services).
 > >
 > > That's not at all the way the word is usually used.  Coke and Pepsi
 > > are competing products, even though I can buy and drink both.  Ford
 > > and Chrysler are in competition even though people can buy multiple
 > > cars.  And so forth.
 >
 > I don't think that context is appropriate in this case.  What MAPS is doing
 > isn't preventing anyone from running ORBS.

I agree, and neither are most other pairs of "competing" products.  I
feel that "competing" is a perfectly reasonable description.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b