Thomas David Kehoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 4 August 2000 at 16:40:38 -0700

 > Comments, suggestions?  Would this be easier to do in qmail or in PHP?  Can
 > I hire a qmail consultant to write this for me?

I find the "qmail or PHP" question confusing.  For a moderate volume
(and you say you don't need some of the more heavy-duty commercial
softgoods payload delivery systems), I'd write a CGI in something like
Perl, or use PHP, or use ColdFusion if I already had it on my server,
or something like that.  And then I'd use whatever MTA was installed
on the server to accept and deliver the incoming, and to dispatch the
outgoing.

Qmail is a fine choice for MTA; it's fast, reliable, secure, and
easy to interface to from a CGI application.  If there's no MTA
currently installed, or if it's time for a change, qmail would be a
good choice.

I'm sure you can hire a consultant to write this for you.  I'd look
for web expertise more than qmail expertise, since the interface to
whatever MTA you use isn't particularly the hard part.  If you're
setting up the server yourself you might want a qmail consultant to
get the whole mail handling thing set up for you, and finding somebody
who can do both parts might be more convenient for you.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b