on 8/10/00 2:25 PM, David Dyer-Bennet at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> qmail denies it because it denies all relaying that's not expressly
>> permitted. The scheme you describe is vulnerable to spamming simply by
>> including a local address at the beginning of the list of recipients.
>
> The interesting thing about this scheme, I think, is that servers that
> supported it might not test as open to ORBS / RSS.  Maybe that's why
> somebody is trying to push the idea?

This particular server passes all 18 tests on abuse.net (or however many
there actually are).  The server is a Redhat linux server running sendmail
with listar.

I still agree that it is a bizarre theory, but why does qmail deny the
delivery of mail from this server to the legit user on my system?

-Eric