Chris Garrigues wrote:

> > From:  Daniel Augusto Fernandes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:12:32 -0200
> >
> > Yes, I agree with the MUA being responsible for doing the translation.
> > But some doesn't do that. I've heard about setting a TZ enviroment
> > variable to do this for qmail. Is that so?
>
> No.
>
> By your repeated question, I don't think you really understand why qmail uses
> UTC by design.
>
> Date: headers should be created by the MUA and should be in the local time
> zone.  The headers which are created by the MTA (in this case qmail) should
> be in UTC so that problems can be diagnosed without great pain.
>
> Is the problem that your MUA isn't creating the Date header properly or do you
> really want to make it significantly harder to debug delivery problems by
> hacking the Received headers?

If I wanted to hack the Received headers I would have had changed qmail
(or any other MTA) to change anything in the headers! And, it would mean
nothing, as I would not have any access to other servers in the net!

I just want to make qmail work with my localtime. Will this make
qmail-inject send messages with localtime 'Date:' header?

Thanks anyway (I didn't want to hurt anyone.... )

Daniel Augusto Fernandes (DAF tm)               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GCSNet                                    http://www.gcsnet.com.br/
                     Se você não encontra
                     o sentido das coisas
                     é porque este não