* Leslie Bester  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000906 05:09]:

You call that a flame? You've got to be joking...

> I'd like to bite off my nose to spite my face.

Why don't you just blow out your brains and make this all end?

> I'm quite surprised that after joining the list about... 1 hour ago?

Interesting use of grammar here. Tell me, Leslie, are you intellectually
challenged or just dumb as shit? Apart from that: minimum lurking
period: two weeks. Not 1 hour.

> For anyone who despises the seemingly inevitable flame wars that occur
> on technical mailing lists, I apologize for being what seems to be a
> catalyst.

You're not a catalyst, Leslie. Catalysts do something useful. You just
suck. And flamewars are quite evitable: kill all lusers, let God sort'em
out. Easy as that.

> I still await the days when one can post a legitimate question to a
> list, without receiving a barrage of out of context messages with
> personal opinions, and RTFM a**hole, especially when they send them to
> the list.

A question covered by the FAQ is not legitimate, it's just stupid. And
noone told you to read the fucking manual, asshole. I don't even recall
calling you an asshole - that was you in a PM IIRC.

> Perhaps this is why some lists are moderated.

Not really, Leslie. Lists are moderated to keep idiots asking FAQs out.

> I was hoping that this list for tech support would be above the level
> of your typical IRC #linux channel, but from what I've seen, it
> hasn't.

So that's where you got your technical expertise, eh? IRC... Tell you
what, Leslie: you got some things the *wrong* way.

1. This is not a list for tech support. On a good day, it is a list
where a polite and informed question about a generic problem is answered
by some really competent people. On a bad day, I answer your questions.

2, This is *not* IRC.  Read the FAQ, RTFM, read Dave Sill's great LWQ.
If that does not help, crawl back under the rock you came from and use
MS Exchange. Eh. Wait. You're using MS Exchange. Get a bigger rock.

> Perhaps the people who have taken it upon themselves to respond to me
> as if I were some belligerent idiot should try to realize that
> everyone is not as smart as they are, or experienced as they are.

1. Noone ever called you belligerent.
2. Stating the painfully obvious, hmmm?

> Frankly, coming from a very basic sendmail background, the url that
> points to the FAQ would make very little sense to anyone reading it,
> especially when they are not familiar with a product they've just
> downloaded.

Well, great. So you dl s0m3 k00! h4x0R $tuFf and expect it to work out
of the box. When - surprise, surprise - it doesn't, you  don't even
bother to understand it. Then, when you get a correct and exhaustive
answer within 5 minutes, you don't read it but start whining. Face it,
Leslie, you *are* an idiot. Not a belligerent idiot, but just Joe Random
Idiot.

> It seems like the list (at least this early in the morning) is stocked
> by a bunch of know-it-all teenagers with a severe lack of etiquette.

Nahhh... You don't leave an impression of knowing *any*thing, Leslie.

> So to end, I thought the list was a forum for asking questions and
> getting answers..  not getting slammed.

No, Leslie. It's a forum to make yourself an idiot by not reading the
basic information, using crappy software and whining a lot.

Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.