* Steve Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000906 06:22]:
> would anyone care to explain what precisely M$Outlook does wrong to
> break the threading?

Can you see any references in your header? And while we're at it:

| Subject: RE: Monitoring Email
           ^^
WTF?

Oh yeah? For an all ASCII message? Mbwhahaha... or rather Mbwhähähä...

Yeah, right... preach on, brother Bill... Reminds me of this great song
(was it the 4skins?) "One law for them and another  law for us".

> Are there settings I can change to make it more list-friendly?

Nope. It's braindead. Like all Wintendo software. Face it: if you think
you absolutely *must* use this crap, don't expect any help, because
you're pissing off people who have to rethread, reformat, crop and
otherwise mess with your mails. Get XEmacs for Windows and use Gnus.