----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Sill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The problem you seem to have with qmail-send is that it processes
> deliveries in the order in which they're received. This property is
> known as "fairness", and it's perfectly reasonable in a queuing system
> that doesn't support multiple priorities.

Actually, its just FIFO.  Fairness would involve queuing and re-ordering of
some form.  Fairness infers intelligence on the part of the queuer.  Now you
can say that there is fairness built in to the randomness of the queue's
order, but its not "fairness" in a queuing sense.  SFQ comes to mind w.r.t.
IP packets.

Incidentally, I don't agree with the original poster's assumptions.  But
qmail-send isn't "fair" -- thats a level of complexity that wasn't added and
won't (probably) be added because of possible implications for security and
stability.