Yesterday, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> I recommend whoever it is that is doing the lovely qmail shirts (I'll be
> ordering mine shortly!) should do one that says "What Do The Logs
> Say?(tm)".  I know I would buy one...

I did a little research to find the true attribution of this phrase.
The first person to mention that it is a trademark was Dave Sill:

There was a message that attributed a 1998 copyright to Dave Sill:

The earliest message (on the qmail list) of someone saying "What do
the logs say?" was from Martijn Koster on 30 September, 1997:

I checked Dave's lwq but didn't find that phrase.  I'm not sure
where the 1998 copyright came from.  In most of the messages that
attribute the trademark to someone, they attribute it to Dave.
Since he WAS the first to capitalize each word in the phrase and add
a (tm), I think he deserves the credit.  :-)

So, how about this:  Shirt front, small on right side:  the qmail
dolphin with http://lwq.w3.to and/or http://qmail.org under it.  On
the back, the dolphin (bigger) with this quote under it:

   What Do The Logs Say?(tm)
     -- Dave Sill, Life with qmail

(with various font sizes as appropriate)

Thoughts?  Objections?  Contentions?

Vern