On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 04:18:29PM -0500, Dave Sill wrote:
[snip]

> I've grabbed it, but I haven't installed it anywhere yet. I don't have
> a lot of experience with Sam's code: procmail has always been good
> enough for me, and courier-imap was too functionally limited for the
> one IMAP installation I set up. The Courier web pages don't say much
> about security other than there are four setuid root modules.
>
> Has anyone checked it out?

Not yet, but reading the documentation makes me doubt if I should.
Courier seems to have hardcoded behaviour to reject certain messages
based on content, like invalid MIME headers, to 'prevent Courier itself
from sending out RFC-incompliant messages'.

I don't want my MTA to touch or look at content of messages on SMTP
injection.

Sourceforge is terribly slow here too, by the way.

I might look at courier when I have more time on my hands.

Greetz, Peter
--
dataloss networks
'/ignore-ance is bliss' - me