Dave Sill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 15 November 2000 at 13:09:25 -0500
 > "David Dyer-Bennet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >
 > >Dan is probably right that no special permissions are needed to make
 > >normal uses of his code (which is what he says on his web pages), but
 > >if the corporate lawyer isn't in agreement with him, he's going to say
 > >"no".  That's a corporate lawyer's job, after all.
 >
 > Anyone's lawyers disagree with Dan? If not, I don't see why Dan should
 > concern himself with convincing hypothetical lawyers...real lawyers
 > are enough of a challenge.

Given the prevalence of licenses distributed with free software, I
believe LOTS of people's lawyers are of the opinion that it's of
value.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/