Dave Sill writes:
 > >So has any expert ever audited qmail or djbdns?
 >
 > No. Any audit worth doing would be prohibitively expensive for a
 > freeware project. $1000 wouldn't even begin to cover it, at least for
 > qmail.

Still, I've read an awful lot of Dan's code.  I've seen a few places
where I said "Hey, that's a security hole."  But on further
investigation, I can see that there's just no way (e.g. formatting a
16-bit integer into digits stored in a fixed-length string without
bothering to ensure that the string won't get overflown by MiGs and
strafed).

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | The best way to help the poor