* John W Lemons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Remeber ILOVEYOU?  No virus scanner on earth would have prevented
>> that.

> <from my logs> Sanitizing MIME attachment headers in "I love you" from
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to xxxxxx msgid=<snip>
>  Trapped poisoned executable "LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs".

> We didn't get a single infected machine.  The mail server stopped all
> of them.

True. But you owe the awestruck audience an explanation of what happened
to that attachment. Anomy is cool, but ... ;-)

>> there is closes commercial software (read: Windows), there will be
>> security exploits by the dozen.

> There are plenty of security exploits for open source software as
> well.  That's a non-argument.

You're pavloving. I didn't say OSS was secure. I only said that CSS is
and will always be a) insecure b) fixed too late.

> The one major advantage open source software seems to have is that the
> fix is available usually within hours of the exploit being revealed
> (if admins keep up with them).  Meanwhile MS or whoever is still
> denying there is a problem.

That's what I was trying to say. Oh well... }:->
--
Robin S. Socha <http://socha.net/>