asantos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 6 December 2000 at 21:42:52 -0100
 > From: Greg Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > > I'm curious if you'd post what you consider a clear attempt to make
 > >it difficult to learn.
 >

 > I'm not a policeman for the list. Check the archives. Again, I'm not saying
 > that this attitude applies to everyone in the list, and it sure doesn't. But
 > it is a pattern for some, and you know who they are.
 >
 > Now, what I would like to understand is way did people pick on this issue,
 > instead of the wider points that I mentioned in my post
 >  [EMAIL PROTECTED] )? Did I touch a sore spot? Frankly, points 1, 2
 > and 5 where much more interesting, from my point of view.

Most of the points were matters of personal opinion, or were true, or
were not too important.  In this particular case, however, you are
accusing some of the most valuable contributors to the list of bad
faith, and misrepresenting their actions.  I consider that pretty
important, and needing a response.  It's also an area where it's best
for people *not* to try to defend themselves generally; that always
looks self-interested.  So that's what I commented on.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/