Thomas Ackermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 21 December 2000 at 15:03:55 +0000
 > > >    >>> RSET
 > > >    <<< 250 flushed
 > > >    >>> MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > > >    <<< 250 ok
 > > >    >>> RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > > >    <<< 250 ok
 > > >
 > > >   Relay test result
 > > >
 > > >    Hmmn, at first glance, host appeared to accept a message for relay.
 > >

 > > so whats up here, thought the percenthack is turned off by defualt if
 > > the file's not here ??
 > > help fast!!!

To answer in a bit more detail -- percenthack is indeed turned off if
the file isn't there.  If percenthack is turned off, the message is
accepted for delivery to user "relaytest%abuse.net".  It's likely that
you have no such user on your system; if so, the message will be
bounced.  If you do have such a user, it will be delivered to that
user.  In no case, however, will it be relayed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (if percenthack is off).

What's the very next line of results say?  In the versions I've seen,
the very next line is even more explanation that it won't know if
relaying is going on until the relayed message arrives.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/