Dan Phoenix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am noticing all the mail going into the queue and maybe
>10 qmail-remote processes whereas I have 250 set for
>concurrencyremote!

You restarted qmail after you modified concurrencyremote? Grep for
"status:" in your qmail-send logs to verify that qmail-send agrees
that concurrencyremote is set to 250.

>THis makes no sense to me. THis is a freebsd system and yes sendmail is a
>symlink to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail. All my config looks right.......I have
>not had this problem before. What is happening?

Could be a lot of things. Have you verified that resource starvation
isn't problem? E.g., you've got plenty of CPU cycles going to qmail,
adequate RAM, adequate network bandwidth, adequate disk I/O
performance...

>....i am out of ideas...i
>checked /var/log/qmail/current and /var/log/qmail/smtpd/current....mail
>looks like it is going out fine. qmail-showwhatever shows everythign is
>great......but everything gets thrown in the queue...so many almost
>damaging it.

qmail *always* queues all mail. That's not a problem.

>I am not sure if I am on these mailing lists...so please cc
>directly to me....thx in advance.

Done.

-Dave