From: Steve Fulton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RAID & Qmail.

I've searched the archives extensively, and I've learned quite a lot, but
I'd like advice on this question:

Assuming RAID 1+0 is not an option (due to the expense), what level of
RAID is best for storing /Maildir's on a file server (that will be
accessible to the SMTP & POP servers via NFS).  Redudancy is the big
issue, otherwise I'd go for RAID 1.  The suits are pushing for RAID 5
because they don't know better - and won't listen.

        Steve.