[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Henning Brauer wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 07:35:33PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > My question is, is it possible to run multiple instances
> > > of qmail, sharing the same disk structure, configuration, etc..
> >
> > at least /var/qmail/queue/ must be local. Maildirs on NFS isn't that problem.
> > I won't rely on linux NFS, but thats another thing.
> >

> So let's say each cluster node was using something like
> /var/qmail/queue/_NODE_IP_HERE_/ on the NFS server,
> it wouldn't be a problem for the delivery or the Maildirs?
>
> If this is the case, is there a startup option I can give
> to qmail-smtpd to change it's mail queue path?
>
> (Or a simple hack)

  The simple hack is to make /var/qmail/queue a symlink to the real
queue directory, somewhere on an NFS server.

  But unless your system is extremely small, NFS performance will be
an issue.  We were not able to use NFS-mounted queues for a 40,000
user system at all, with Solaris clients and a NetApp server, arguably
two of the best NFS implementations out there.

-----ScottG.