On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 10:42:11PM -0000, Piotr Kasztelowicz wrote:
> In discusion - regard to Maildir versus mailbox question - for
> promoting Maidir were is useful to encourage pine authors to
> adapting the pine program for directly work with Maildir fromat.

maybe you find this useful, I don't. So contact the pine authors.

> Pine, as I think, is most popular software in Unix for mail
> reading/writing.

pine is a security nightmare AFAIK.

> If the new version were able to support
> Maildir without to install additional patch, the Maildir
> also qmail would be more popular and thus more functional :-)

a) I as many others don't care about pine
b) qmail is _very_ functional, can't see any dependency to pine
c) popularity isn't always the best goal

> Mutt - in my opinion is to "raw" and the all energy should
> gonna Maildir format to gain for it the "pine team".

Maybe you just don't spend enough effort to understand mutt, but I won't
start a MUA discussion here. If you want pine to support Maildirs natively
(mutt does btw) contact the pine authors, this is _ways_ OT here.

--
Henning Brauer     | BS Web Services
Hostmaster BSWS    | Roedingsmarkt 14