I added the hostname of the email machine to locals and envnoathost and
restarted qmail-send, but the problem still exists.  To recap, I have the
following file entries:

root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat defaultdomain
webscripting.net
root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat envnoathost
dogbert.webscripting.net
root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat locals
dogbert.webscripting.net
root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat me
dogbert.webscripting.net
root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat plusdomain
webscripting.net
root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat rcpthosts
webscripting.net
root@dogbert:/var/qmail/control > cat virtualhosts
webscripting.net:webscripting-net

Also, I don't think it's an issue with user setup since I can authenticate
with the pop server fine.  It's just that it denies all mail for the virtual
domain with this message

"
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at dogbert.webscripting.net.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)
"

Peder