On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Markus Stumpf wrote:

> If AOL or hotmail would decide to change their MX records to your mailserver
> this will for sure also cause you problems.

Actually, Qmail works fine as an incoming MX for Hotmail.com.
mail.hotmail.com, one of Hotmail's incoming mx machines, runs Qmail. [1]

While not quite on the same scale as hotmail/AOL, egroups.com is not
exactly a low-traffice mail server.  egroups has a single incoming mail
exchanger, which runs Qmail.

This is one of the reasons I like Qmail--it can scale up to just about any
level of mail traffic out there.

- Sam

[1] Qmail's fingerprint is that it accepts the
    MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the SMTP session being shortened
    to MAIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>