On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 11:18:09AM -0600, SF wrote:
> For a while, I had things running, but delivery to the local mailboxes was
> using the mbox as the local delivery destination, instead of Maildir - which
> I wanted to change it to, so I could use pop3d.  I modified the rc file
> (which in FreeBSD 4.0 is the rc script in /var/qmail linked to a qmail.sh
> script located in /usr/local/etc/rc.d) and restarted the server.  Now, if I
> try to send mail to any of the bogus users I had working with the mbox, no
> mail is received.  It is as if the local delivery has stopped and/or cannot
> find the destination.

Did you create a Maildir in the users' home directories? You can create one in
/usr/share/skel so that new users automatically get a Maildir, but for existing
users you'll have to create one with /var/qmail/bin/maildirmake (and make sure
you chown -R it to the user).

> I am a bit confused as to what I should do with the old sendmail daemon.

You can ignore it. Make sure you have sendmail_enable="NO" in /etc/rc.conf to
keep it from starting up. In /etc/mail/mailer.conf you'll want to change the
location of sendmail and send-mail to "/var/qmail/bin/sendmail" and the locate
of mailq to "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread." You can also change newaliases to
"/var/qmail/bin/newaliases."

Chris

PGP signature